This weekend was another session thrashing on my barge, installing various parts and generally stressing about getting it done in time.
I started by running new Raceworks AN6 (-6) 200-series teflon fuel line under the car, and cut it to length. I also drilled holes to fit nutserts to mount P-clips, which will hold the fuel line in place.
I had intended to join it all together with Raceworks fittings but the ones I ordered didn’t turn up in time.
I then got onto wiring in the Accuair ENDO-CVT using Deutsch connectors and running a custom loom from the E-Level height management ECU under the dash to the ENDO tank out the back. Unfortunately i think my wiring diagram is wrong as the pinouts don’t line up, and the system doesn’t work. I will sort that out soon!
After that setback I got onto scraping off all the original sound-proofing from the roof. This. Job. Sucked.
I fitted peel-n-stick sound deadening from CarBuilders Australia, which is cheap and a synch to fit. There is 1.5 boxes in this roof and C-pillars, and in behind the rear passenger compartment.
With the sound proofing done, I got onto mounting the custom fuel tank by extending the straps.
I chopped the original straps, then checked what length of extra metal I needed to weld in.
I checked how they fitted…
I wire-wheeled the tank mounts and painted them in KBS rust proof black to seal them. I then went home and welded up the straps to length.
On Sunday I went back and mounted the tank, notching the tank mounts to clear the fuel pump. Even the filler neck lines up to the new tank!